If you decide you would like a cake from Sweet as cakes, here are some of the options you need to consider...
- Cake Flavour - the most popular cake currently is the chocolate mud cake. This also comes in white chocolate mud, caramel mud, and orange mud. Fruit cake is another flavour which is popular with the top teir of a wedding cake. For kids cakes the buttercream cake or chocolate cake is a hit as they are not as rich as the mud varieties. Any flavour cake can be created at Sweet as cakes, although the icing choice and tier number does limit the possibilities.
- Size and Shape - Do you want round, square, rectangle, heart shaped or even 3D? How many people are you catering for? These are just a couple of the questions you need to consider when choosing your cake design.
- Tiers - Do you want one, two, three, four, five, six or even seven tiers? A point to remember when choosing the number of tiers you want is again how many people you are catering for, but also the weight of the cakes. A seven tier cake is not impossible to make, although if it is made from chocolate mud cake it becomes very heavy!
- Icing - This is what finishes off your cake. The following are some options which you can choose from... Chocolate Ganache (white or dark chocolate), rolled fondant, buttercream, royal icing to create a rough look using rolled fondant as a base or frosting tinted in any colour.
- Colours or Theme - If planning a wedding or special occasion the colours and theme play an important role in the options for your cake. This can decide the icing you choose and style of cake for your occasion.